Astrophotography Book by Thierry Legault – New Edition
Thiery Legault is a very famous french astronomer and astrophotographer who’s specially known for his amazing pictures of the International Space Station (ISS) and the thinnest crecent of the Moon.
His book Astrophotography, is actually on the best books on astrophotography. It’s well structured and highly detailed and covering all the aspects of the astronomy pictures from planetary imaging, to deep sky astrophotography.
Some pictures shot by Thiery Legault, french Astrophotographer
Here are some of the most beautiful astrophotography images taken by Thierry Legault :
His astrophotography work is published in many science magazines and articles.
After many years of experience and practicing astrophotograhpy, Thierry Legault decided to write a book in which he will share his knowledge of photographing the night sky.
In this one of the best astrophotography books, Legault will show his techniques of astrophotography, from a simple DSLR camera on tripod (for example to capture constellations, star trails, eclipses, …) to more complicated shots using a telescope and a motorised mount.
In this amazing book he will also show to process astrophotography images in order to obtain a great pictures.
The book Astrophotography provides the most thorough treatment of the topic available. This large-format, richly and highly illustrated book is intended for all sky enthusiasts-newcomers and veterans alike.
In this book you will learn :
- How to choose the right equipement according to what you are planning to shoot.
- How to correctly set up your camera (CCD, DSLR) and also your telescope.
- How to plan your session of astrophotography using some celestial tools like Stellatrium or Carte de ciel.
- How to mount and connect your camera on your telescope and how to focus (using bahtinov mask, FWHM measurement, …)
- How to do a precise polar alignment in order to improve the tracking.
- How to capture a star trails and time lapse of the night sky.
- How to calculate optimal parameters like focal length, exposure time, field of view, …
- How to process you pictures in the most know softwares like Autostakkert, Registax, Photoshop, …
- How to identify common problems in your astronomy images and how to fix and improve them.